Dj Mag reveals, one more year, the ranking of the Top 100 popular DJs this year, with a stellar victory for Martin Garrix.
Already as a ritual, every year around these dates, the ranking of the 100 best djs in the world, which is based on the popularity of each of the artists. This causes certain discussions and anger among the fans of the artists. Weeks before showing the results, people have a period of time to vote for a top 5 of their favorite artists from this year. Therefore, the most famous and popular DJs will always be on top, while other lesser known artists will always be out of the top positions and even out of the ranking. This is nothing to worry about, since quality often does not go well with popularity.
Last edition we had a French leadership, commanded by David Guetta, being champion for the second consecutive time. Then they stayed on the podium Martin Garrix in second position and the famous Trance dj in third position, Armin van Buuren. To complete the main top 10, they followed Alok, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Afrojack, Don Diablo, Oliver Heldens, Timmy Trumpet and finally Steve Aoki.
This year, things have changed, and the first prize has been taken from the Frenchman, by nothing more and nothing less, than the Dutchman Martin Garrix, who had been since 2018 without taking the first position. With a new album dubbed Sentio behind him, big hits with AREA21 and his mighty label STMPD RCRDS, He has achieved glory by placing himself at the head of the acclaimed Top 100 Dj Mag list.
Below is the full list of the DJ Mag Top 100 DJ Awards 2022:
- 1 - 10: Martin Garrix, David Guetta, Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike, Alok, Armin Van Buuren, Afrojack, Steve Aoki, Timmy Trumpet, Don Diablo & Oliver Heldens.
- 11 - 20: Vintage Culture, Kshmr, R3Hab, Charlotte De Witte, Tiësto, Calvin Harris, Alan Walker, W&W, Fedde Le Grand & Nicky Romero.
- 21 - 30: Vini Vici, Carl Cox, Skrillex, Peggy Gou, Gordo, Marshmello, Bassjackers, Lost Frequencies, Eric Prydz & Above & Beyond.
- 31 - 40: Claptone, Jamie Jones, Quintino, Mariana Bo, Tujamo, Danny Avila, Amelie Lens, Paul Van Dyk, Black Coffee & Nervo.
- 41 - 50: Ummet Ozcan, Atb, Hardwell, Dj Snake, Vinai, The Chainsmokers, Alison Wonderland, Fisher, Reinier Zonneveld & Deborah De Luca.
- 51 - 60: Adam Beyer, Blasterjaxx, Beauz, Diego Miranda, Rezz, Morten, Nora En Pure, Zedd, Carta & Julian Jordan.
- 61 - 70: Boris Brejcha, Will Sparks, Angerfist, Alesso, Deadmau5, Cat Dealers, Joel Corry, Brennan Heart, Topic & Kaaze.
- 71 - 80: Tom & Collins, Plastic Funk, Kura, Naeleck, Pink Panda, Burak Yeter, Swedish House Mafia, Mattn, Breathe Carolina & Ofenbach.
- 81 - 90: Tungevaag, Green Velvet, 22Bullets, Lucas & Steve, Mr Pig, Aryue, Ferry Corsten, Solomun, Miss K8 & Honey Dijon.
- 91 - 100: Acraze, Le Twins, Dubdogz, Rave Republic, Kaka, Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano, Maya Jane Cole, Jay Hardway, Cuebrick & The Martinez Brothers.